Saturday, August 15, 2009

The Queen of Bohemia is back in Action

The Queen had a fantastic summer, traveling to Telluride, Pine Ridge Reservation and Montana for work and pleasure. It was all wonderful and rewarding in every possible way. But every once in a while the Queen gets derailed. Call it life or the snare of fate, things can be just so overwhelming that she is not quite sure what to do. This causes great anxiety, but luckily, The Queen falls back on her yoga practice, meditation and stories to give her hope. She reconnects with God after a short lapse of egoic disconnect and bad habits that still linger from 1388 Kilkenny Street and resumes her duties.

So after talking to two bankruptcy lawyers it does seem that I cannot declare bankruptcy. I am stuck with Speer for the time being. If my ex would just sell the darn 31st street house I’d be in much better shape to deal with the screwy loans and upkeep on the properties, which I do find valuable in the long term, but a massive pain in the short run. I’m not the type to believe in hoarding and sitting on a pot of gold. Of course that puts me in a sticky position. But I feel for all the millions of Americans who have financial problems. It can definitely make you sick.

So I can’t declare bankruptcy because I can’t get rid of the income tax on the equity my ex took out to pay off his debts, in my name on the mortgage and loans! Gads! How stupid could I get! I can only say I was in love, and I believed in him, however, he didn’t come through and that’s the most painful part. I put everything I had into it and I didn’t get anything in return. Something I became conscious of from parenting my father as a child and also my choice of men in the past. I take care of them and get little in return.
Also I can’t declare bankruptcy because I could lose my copyrights to my work! Gads! Now that is scary. So I have cut off all spending to the extreme. No more coffees, no more eating out (ok, once a month for special with the kids, you HAVE TO!) Get the hair cut at Super Clips, eat all the food you have left in the house. But not out of fear but out of this is how we should have been living all along. Since the 50s, a recent Wall Street Journal article wrote, it’s all about my property, my own house, my things and stuff. We really don’t need a lot to get by on. The article said that if you own your own home it shows you are not a communist. Well, I would sure like to live with somebody right now, share meals, work in the garden together, share childcare. We should be living collectively, at least have that option if you choose. So I voluntarily now live a life of simplicity. How I wish I could ditch my car. Such an expense! I love riding my moped. I typically buy all my clothing used, and now it’s just cutting out lots of little things. But I am determined to get back on top of things, make my business work, and get financially squared away. I often think of living abroad with my kids. I’ve wanted to do it my whole life and I want my kids to have that opportunity, especially to learn another language. I can do my work from the internet. We sure could live cheaply in Mexico or even Puerto Rico, or maybe hang out in India for a few months before moving on to Thailand or something and do the home school/yoga thing. Wouldn’t that be a hoot!

But like in all the stories she has been reading and telling lately, The Queen has faith in God. Faith in the present moment, and faith in herself. All thing will work out. She gets to live deeply in the present moment when she is rooted in yoga and meditation. She gets to relish being a mother and feel great love and joy for her children – whether it is preparing an Epsom salt bath for her son’s poor flat feet that went through a grueling two-hour football practice, or prepare a nutritious breakfast or lunch, or grow cherry tomatoes just for her daughter who loves them, or she gets back down on her hands and knees and willingly scrubs the kitchen floor and the bathrooms and the whole house because that is what the Queen does, she is always faithful, always present, and always beginning again and the Queen survives and thrives. And sometimes she has to just clean again to get her faith back, because it’s the cleaning out of the fear and negativity that is key. That she is the creator of her whole universe with her heart and thoughts, so she’d better stay positive and with God, because she really doesn’t want any other outcome other than goodness and joy, so that’s all it can possibly be. Goodness and joy, even if so much is coming at you and it seems hopeless. And the house on 1388 Kilkenny Street she will never live in again, for that is the source of the anxiety and fear that occasionally creeps up. And now the Queen is aware of it, she can name it, and she can gently ask it to go away. Even though in reality there is a mouse infestation at my father’s house at 1388 Kilkenny Street. They got into his emergency survival food. There is also a lot of stagnant water in the basement. I begin to wonder if it is a health hazard. I’d love to airlift my father out of there and have him life with us – as I am contemplating getting a house mate and do have an ad on Craigs List at the moment

But now the Queen is clean and jazzed. She has something very special coming up September 2. And her websites are about to be relaunched and updated, and she will be working with middle school students to teach them Mythic Yoga and even put up more You Tube videos for the work. Ah, release. To be in union with the divine and without fear in any situation, that is the task at hand. I hope everybody can find release from their suffering. That is why we do yoga, that is why we tell stories and that is why we love deeply everything around us. It is a grand release.

No comments:

Post a Comment