Saturday, August 29, 2009

Glory Days

It has been a glorious day. I love living my bliss as I get to teach what I love: Storytelling and Yoga. And what's more is that I get to do it in the name of children.
You really do get what you think about. Your thoughts are projecting creation into the fourth dimension, in which you just need catching up to. So you'd better think positive and get clear of any negative slug dwelling. Those dark places really do pull you down. So get positive!
I've realized how much I blink my eyes when speaking. Have to check our which vayu that is, the one that governs blinking, burping, sneezing. Checked the web just now and couldn't get a consistent answer!
But Breathe is really the key to so much.

It is the end of another day of a great training in the Storytime Yoga method. Today attendees gathered with me at the glorious Samadhi Yoga in Denver to shift paradigms in experiencing life and teaching yoga by utilizing the power of story.

I’m always thrilled to do these trainings because it always involved like-minded people. I call them my “tribe.” Those who are instinctualy drawn to the depths where story and myth and yoga take us. To that mysterious realm that involves digging deeply into dark regions, only to find out that there is where the light is. And that darkness and light is what makes us whole.

What’s even more thrilling is knowing that these yogic storytellers are taking it upon themselves to use the power as a storyteller/yoga teacher/shaman/minister/healer to go out and use the high art form of oral storytelling to teach children. And children are our priority. We speak for those who do not have a voice. We are all about educating, healing, helping and making the world safe for children (and the women who care for them and never give up on them.)

Today we discussed the method and teaching babies through elementary! As well as learned the art of storytelling. People are always amazed at how much their creativity comes alive through this process. And the fun they have. Play is therapy!

Tomorrow we will focus on relaxation and meditation and its role in assisting children with anxiety, ADD and ADHD, as well as how to use stories for peace and character education. We will also explore story and yoga as a medicine for helping depression and trauma and preventing suicide by creating personal fairy tales and body myths and utilizing the power of personal story for healing and building community.

There is always more info than I can possibly pack into these trainings, which is why I am seriously considering making Storytime Yoga into a 200-hour children’s yoga teacher training and register it with Yoga Alliance.

Hope to see you at a training one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment