Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Queen of Bohemia No Longer Cleans Her Own House, or, Quetzalcoatl Returns

I went to yoga class today with the divine Jeanie Manchester. How incredibly healing is yoga. How very essential to the core of well-being. And to have a wonderful teacher is also a gift. And to socialize with the kula. It's really essential, this kula, the community. It is the Buddha, the Dharma and the Sangha. So important. I think it's the community that brings about my healing as well. That the Queen of Bohemia No Longer Cleans Her Own House. She just hired off of Craigs List Boulder to clean her house and do housekeeping (GOD the laundry, next I need a cook) a 30-year-old Czech woman who wants to learn English. The Queen showed her the "Ancestral Wall," of Grandma Tichacek dressed up in traditional Bohemian folk couture and used the few words of Dobje (good) kutchka (cat) and smetak (dustpan broom) on her.
The Queen also finally took the handyman's advice and let him have Lance mow the lawn and get rid of the tons of cardboard and trash that was in the garage, and keep things running smoothly in the house, even though it costs money.(CASH! I'M ON CASH BASIS! SCARY!) And the Queen met with the special education teacher about her daughter, and they are having her tested, and she's so grateful for the help, from the school psychologist to the principal to the teacher to the tutor. And today her daughter got to go to the farmer's market with another adult. A lovely, theatrical woman named Libby who will be spending time with her. It really takes a village, an entire court.
It seems modern society has really taken a turn for the most isolated. To cut ourselves off from community, family, and now mostly alone with our own televisions and I-Phones. But the Queen has a wonderful court, a wonderful community, and it allows her to focus on more important things, like her children, her creative work, and her King. What a delight that is.

I am most excited because I've been accepted to do a children's camp at Kripalu while Shiva Rea is teaching. What a wonderful opportunity to create a beautiful children's yoga program and beautiful community. I feel a wonderful energy. In fact, I feel such a wonderful energy that because I am not focusing on the demons and letting them drag me down into their dungeon, because I hear the King's voice and I feel the optimism and I move toward the light and that's all I see. I felt the yoga today down to my bones and down to my soul. Things are looking up, because I focus on the good. I know and acknowledge that the dark is there. Oh, yes, it's there and it's my friend, actually. My dear sister, Ereshkigal, or the devil himself, or any dark, cut off part of myself. All my demons just want my love and friendship. I know they are there. And we play on in the field of time and space and we take duality and we shape it into nice little dioramas and dramas, and how the dramas have played out. But somehow I feel it's the end of drama and the beginning of deep peace. Eternity. And that's where Quetzalcoatl comes in. How eternity periodically renews itself. THANK YOU ELIADE. That as the world and the collective psyche goes through a transformation, things on the surface will change. There is a shift in consciousness. To focus on the good, the truth, the love and the light. Because after the Kali Yug, comes the Satya Yug. Beautiful things are happening. At the darkest point is the opening, the light. Because in duality, after all, all things are equal to it's shadow. However great works are created, just as much darkness. And just as much darkness, so much as wonderful. It's how it all plays out in the world. It's how things hang together.
So Mythic Yoga continues. That continual surrender to the irrational, to balance it out with the rational. I am back to the birds and the serpents. The Mermaids. The Watery deep and the etheric netherworld of air. The instinctual and irrational and the intellectual and the mind. Funny that Jung's Red Book is about to be published. All his journey to the depths of his being. I can't wait to read it! All this is coming out now because it just is.

So the Queen is excited. Excited to do her yoga, excited to live her life and she is hopeful, optimistic. She told her book keeper to take over her finances and pay whatever, do whatever it takes, she just doesn't want to think about it. She just wants to be the Queen, and tend to her children, to the garden, to the world's children and the little animals and play things that make life enchanting, and let somebody else worry about the accounting and business. It's really what is needed. And it makes all the difference. And what makes all the difference is that the Queen is enjoying envisioning a wonderful, enchanted life with a King. And how beautiful is that vision; imagination - your creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment