Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Feet and the Breath

I was talking with a Mythic Yoga participant in Mexico by SKYPE today and her feet came up in the discussion. I work with my own feet quite a bit, putting yoga to work in mindful, brisk walking in alignment as a great practice among nature. I spread my toes and all four corners of my feet. The peroneus muscle fires up and I feel rooted in the earth and I feel a safety, a surrender, an exhale. Before, instead of being centered over the vernicular bone in my foot where the mula bandha point hits the earth, I tended to lean back, as if not to take in the world. Balancing over that point also is essential to mula banha through proper alignment of the pelvis and the pelvic floor, the pubic and coccyx bones and that pubiococcyx muscle, that spanda of our bodies, that pulses in the energy up from that point and into our bodies, up our spines to the heart and then hits the pineal gland to make us super aware, super conscious. I think that's what we're all becoming. Super conscious beings, and that the earth changes are all part of a greater archetypical evolving psychology. Like some upcoming events are about stripping away an old psychology all together and shifting our awareness to a different level. It is almost like an ascension.

Then there is the breath. The breath affects the adrenal glands, which affect the kidneys. Deep breathing and saying yes to life with great optimism and expectation is essential to reprogram one from samskaras from past negative thinking, grief and shallow breathing. Those samskaras are the deep grooves our mind's energy seared into our energy fields of the body and psyche, they are like the toad at the bottom of the well blocking it from flowing wine; or the rat gnawing at the roots of a tree that used to have diamonds for leaves. The breath is like Drano, that loosens up whatever is lodged in the darkness of our unconscious. Allowing it to break up slowly and float to the surface to be examined and then sifted into reality up top here in our waking projection. And the breathing really slows the mind, it slows it all down and into the body and into deep connection with everything around you.

On the home front it was great to bring my daughter's tutor my father's home-grown tomatoes. She is going to make homemade sauce for us. The kids and I walked Pepe down to the school. It was drizzling out but much of that gorgeous part of fall here in Boulder near the foothills. We have a wonderful support system!

The Queen picked some more apples today from the backyard trees and will make a fine elixir for the visit of the King. And the house keeper is coming to deep clean tomorrow at one o'clock and she is beside herself with joy.

So that is Mythic Yoga for today.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh yes, a nice brisk walk always makes me feel more alive, more centered, and absolutely more rooted. I am going to explore the patterns and habits of my body when I walk tomorrow to see what messages my body may be sending. I would like to observe my feet more closely as well and their response to standing, walking,and other forms of movement. This blog makes me want to get up and go!

    ReplyDelete