Friday, July 24, 2009

From Telluride to Opa's House

I spent the week in Telluride with the kids thanks to a dear friend. The kids and I do a lot of road trips, and I set out excited and adventurous and by the time I come back I swear I will never do it again. And this just may be the last tie but we really had a lot of fun. It was just a long drive. Eight hours there from Boulder and I floored it at 90 mph coming back and made it just under 6 1/2.
We stayed at the lovely Mountain Lodge in Mountain Village. The kids did not want to do much more than ride the gondola, swim and hang out. But we did manage to have a lot of nice walks in town and at the shops and parks. But my daughter is a fish (and she bought a mermaid book) so it was a lot of pool time.
The children missed being at Opa's house, so they asked to spend the night. We picked up Quizno's and again I got in the car to drive. It was great to see Dad. I love him so. I appreciated that moment because he is here and alive with me. I never know when my last moments with dear old Dad will be, even though I was angry and blaming him for my life problems while driving back. And I got clear of that too. While driving I looked at my daughter and with all my pressing financial fears I just get present and be in the moment no matter what. Yoga reminds me that nothing is happening, yet love pierces everything. This reflection on the surface that I adore participating in, I revel in it and also let it go. Although I was quite negative in thinking all the way driving back, and I had to work with my mind extensively to think positive and let things go. That I do create the universe with my mind so I had better get thinking positive.
Dad's house has a strange smell to it. Like the mold or whatever in the basement is creeping up into the main floor. And the kids sat on the love seat and Dad sat on his couch that is filled with piles and piles of mail and odds and ends and there is really no place to sit anywhere else, not even in the kitchen because it is so covered with crap. I sat in the only other available place to sit; my favorite spot to sit, on the hearth and ate the sandwich on my lap.
It's always about working with the mind. All its obstacles like in the yoga sutras.
So I had a nice time alone with the kids at Opa's. Practicing yoga, reviewing for my Hindu Deities and Myth workshop tomorrow. Indulging in reviewing Jung, mythology. I even got to read up on Greek mythology while in Telluride. Amazing. Dionysian rites, using mushrooms. They all connected to that wild divine that we muster up once again in Mythic Yoga. A new cycle is beginning. It's going to be wonderful. The world has renewed itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment